Friday, May 18, 2007

Death by silk

If I don't stop spinning this damn Tussah silk I'm going to be in the poor house. I need to get some dyeing done, but I am completely addicted to spinning silk now. This morning I pinched off a few staples from my mutant silk rovings (the one's that didn't make it to the store because I let them play in the rinse water too long and set their combedness free) and spun them from the fold, alternating colorways. And I reeeeeeally like what's happening. I love all the pretty colors. The gauge is uneven, but I don't caaaaare. I did manage to stop myself. At least temporarily. I reasoned that maybe if I took some photos and posted to my blog that it just might interrupt the crazed spinning pattern long enough for me to come to my senses and get some dyeing done. I don't know if it did, but only time will tell. Whyyyyy oh whyyyyy was beautiful silk created???? I can't stay away from the stuff!

Here's a photo of the mutant hand-painted rovings and the yarn they are spinning into.




Oooh! Here's an idea...maybe I'll spin one colorway and ply with the other! I guess this little LJ interlude was unsuccessful. I need a spinning intervention!!! Pleeeeease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment