Sunday, June 10, 2007

What oh what to do with my alpaca stash? Opinions?

And please don't tell me to go shove it.

I've had this alpaca stash since February and since I am almost out of domestic roving, and my BFL and merino is on order, it is time to attack the alpaca. And it's long past due too.

As you can see from the photo I have chocolate brown, jet black, fawn, white, and then a heather grey roving. The brown, black, and fawn are so gorgeous that I'm just going to spin that up au naturale. The white I might spin to ply with the brown, or I might dye up to add into some hand-carded batts. But the big mystery is the heather grey. To dye or not to dye, that is the question? And if I dye, should I do hand-painting with color changes, or just one solid color? Or maybe I should pick one color and vary the saturations of dye? I've got a *lot* of alpaca, but that doesn't mean I want to ruin it with a bad decision on a dye job.

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

**Saturday Night Fever is on the boob-tube playing in the background. I'm such a dork.**

My alpaca stash

No comments:

Post a Comment