Saturday, March 7, 2009

Need your input into my store update revisions

I've been getting some feedback lately that customers are having a real hard time picking up fiber during my updates and are becoming a bit frustrated. I don't blame them. Etsy's system of putting something in your cart and the probability of that item being snatched up by someone else before checkout is not the best. So there are a few possible solutions I am mulling over.

1. Dyeing up a higher quantity of the colorways I think might be popular for the updates
-currently I only dye 2 of each colorway and I am thinking of bumping this up to 4 or 6.

2. In addition to having one main update (Thursday at 5pm MST), also posting fiber to Etsy randomly throughout the week.
- I figure this could give people an equal opportunity at getting the fiber.

3. Having two updates per week with about 30 rovings per update.
- not sure about this one. It might be nice to have two updates instead of one, but would it really give people a better chance at fiber and less frenzy? One update of 60 pieces or two updates of 30?

4. Creating a Fiber Club which will enable anyone who wants to pick up some of my fiber to do so.
- I think this could be very helpful to buyers. Maybe a month by month club or a 3-month club?

I would love to have some feedback over the options or combination of options. I really want to come up with a solution that would satisfy buyers so any input would be greatly appreciate.

Time to start my Saturday now. Walking the dogs, packing and mailing orders, dyeing, and then some highly anticipated catch-up on my fave programs. This weekend I need to catch up on Lost, Survivor, 30 Rock, The Office, and a week's worth of The Daily Show and the Colbert report. Phew! Thank goodness for no long commercials on the internet playbacks.

Have a good one everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment